What it does: Fights dark spots, brightens skin tone, hydrates
Suitable for all skin types.
When it comes to fighting hyperpigmentation and brightening skin tone, the choices often seem stark. Fade dark spots with harsh, photosensitizing retinoids and exfoliants, or put our faith in brightening products that may or may not contain enough of their active ingredients to make a difference. It’s totally legal to list a proven ingredient but include it in an ineffectively low concentration. In most cases, you’d never know until you’ve been using something for ages and seeing no results.
Our flagship product Shark Sauce was born out of this frustration. This hydrating and brightening serum contains 5% niacinamide (Vitamin B3) and 3% n-acetylglucosamine, the optimal concentrations for these research-backed ingredients to work synergistically to fight hyperpigmentation. The sea kelp bioferment, the result of fermenting sea kelp with lactobacillus to break it down into smaller and more bioavailable compounds, smooths skin and traps moisture without heaviness, making Shark Sauce a great oil-free liquid moisturizer.
Shark Sauce is totally shark-free. Its name comes from a nickname of one of our muses, Fiddy Snails, for whom it was originally created.
• Niacinamide: Brightens and improves barrier function and elasticity
• N-Acetylglucosamine: Brightens, increases skin’s hydration by boosting natural hyaluronic production and strengthening barrier function, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, repairs UV damage, accelerates wound healing
• Licorice root and green tea extract: Brighten skin tone and calm inflammation
• Hyaluronic acid and sodium lactate: Trap water for more hydrated skin
• Panthenol: Smooths skin texture and repairs skin barrier