- This page was last updated: 25-January-2021. This product has not been released. Please do not distribute this page or the contents of this page.
- ▼Basic Information
Make Date: 15 January 2021
Ingredients: Sodium cocoyl isethionate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, sodium lactate, distilled water, hydrolyzed oat protein, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetyl alcohol, butylene glycol, panthenol, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, fragrance*
pH: The pH has been consistently testing at ~5.5.
Fragrance Notes: This iteration's fragrance combination is lilac, plumeria, and creme de coco. No colorants have been added for this version.
- ◄Usage Instructions
This is a solid shampoo bar. To use, wet your hair thoroughly, and then rub the bar directly onto hair. Use fingers to lather. Rinse, and repeat if desired. This can also be used as a solid body wash.
We have been keeping our samples in the shower without the cap, so it can fully dry between use. The cap is mainly for when it needs to be transported, like in a gym bag or carry-on.
- ◄Known Issues
- This batch is made with our new mixer, so it is smoother, but because of issues with filling, some of it still manages to harden before it is packed into the container, which results in some unsightly looking "clumps". The clumps are still bits of shampoo, not raw ingredients, and has no impact on its safety or function.
- The filling process is still difficult, so we are not able to ensure consistent weight yet. There are some pockets of air within the tube. This should be fixed ideally by the next batch. However, repeatedly tamping the tubes down has given an average weight of ~98g.
- ◄Testing Concerns
- Is this product easy to use? Is it acceptable to drag directly on your hair, or is it unpleasant? Is the scent acceptable or offensive? Does it lather up easily? Does it rinse easily? How does it leave your hair feeling?
- How long does this product last? Are you using it as a shampoo, or as an all-in-one shampoo/cleanser/body wash?
- Do you like the packaging that it is in, or would you prefer it to be a pressed bar without any plastic packaging?
- ◄Extra Notes
- Each bottle has a handwritten number on the outside. That is the gross weight of the bottle with the container, with each containing ~98g. Our current usage records indicate that each bar has lasted for just over a month with two people using it daily, with one person using it for both hair and body.
- The tubes were sent in two styles of boxes: one with a cut out, and one solid. My concerns are if the bottle and packaging survive shipping, if they are completely crushed, and we should just format the label to hold all of the information, or if we should look into alternatives for packaging.
- These are the nicest detergents available for hair care. That being said, it is entirely possible that you might have allergies or sensitivities that may interfere with this experience. Please patch test, and discontinue use if any irritation occurs. There should not be any tingling or unpleasant sensations. There is no mint in this iteration, so it should just feel like a normal shampoo.
- This is the regular, clarifying formula. It is pH balanced, and has skin refatting ingredients. However, it is not meant to condition, so you will need to use a conditioner after. Our conditioner bar formula is going to be finalized for testing soon as well. If you are interested, please let us know.
Thank you so much for testing the shampoo bar. We apologize for the delays, but we hope that the wait is worth it. We are quite proud of this version, even with its current imperfections. It's still a work in progress, so your feedback is incredibly valuable and appreciated.