I ordered the five cheapest flowers first, and then found the Water Lily later, so they came in two different boxes. My first box contained 6 items, which confused me, as I was expecting a veritable bounty of skincare treasures. Let's recap, I ordered these:
- Ranunculus - $4 for $10 of products
- Peony - $6 for $15 of products
- Dahlia - $8 for $20 of products
- Stargazer Lily - $12 for $30 of products
- Hydrangea - $22 for $55 of products
Right, so that's $52 for $130 of products. I actually paid $44.20 for them, because Memebox always has those 15% off coupons, but still. Below is what came in the box. cbiancardi, an amazing Redditor, helped me find the Memebox prices for them (which are retail, I'm guessing?).
- Lioele Eyeshadow - $8.50, sale $6.00
- Lioele Eyeliner -
$18.50(that was if it was the gel liner, which it wasn't)
- Banila Co. Let Me Start Primer - $30.50, sale $27
- IPKN BB Cream - $35, Daily Grind Box
- Bavar Oriental Lab Max Calming Cream - $47, Baby Soft Box
- Missha Near Skin Total Repairing Hydrogel Mask - $5, Lunar Chinese New Year Mystery Box
The Water Lily box was suppose to be $35 for $100 worth of products. It came with a Deluxe Sample (??? Why?) of the Dear by Enprani Dreams Come True Bounce Cheese Cream, which I'm going to value at $1, because it's a damn sample. Ferderma Egyptian Diet Soap, which smelled really intensely of rosemary, and WTF is diet soap??? About Me Skin Tone Up Massage Cream, which...I don't even know. And a Caolin BaB PooL....thing. I don't know. I basically opened the box, saw these things, and closed it back up. 4 items, one being a deluxe sample. Yep.
Luckily, there's a bit of a silver lining here. I emailed Memebox requesting a refund, and it was pretty much the most pleasant experience ever. They emailed me back immediately with a form to fill out and include, basically asking what I was returning and why, and included the prepaid shipping label. I didn't have to pay some BS restocking fee or anything. So....thumbs up for their customer service. Maybe if they recover from the terrible decision of going US only and start bringing back good quality, value boxes I'll consider going back, but for now, I think I've learned my lesson.